Monday, August 13, 2012

Dish Delish Day - Brussels & Bacon

Happy Monday! Did you miss me? This past week I spent cramming for my last Astronomy exam to conclude my third, and final, summer session (if this were a musical, I'd bust out a tune right about now, "ceeeeeeelebrate good times, C'MON!") & I'm happy to say, I'm moving onto student teaching in two weeks (eeek, where in the world did the summer go???)!

But enough of the formalities(!), today is Dish Delish Day, featuring one of Sarah's creations: Brussels & Bacon:

What you'll need:
6 strips of bacon, chopped into small pieces
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 lb Brussels sprouts, bottoms trimmed & cut in half
salt & pepper to taste
2 tbsps of sliced almonds

Here's how to put it all together:
Heat the skillet over medium heat. Add bacon & cook until crispy (about 5 minutes). Remove & place on a plate lined with paper towels. Discard all but 1 tbsp of bacon fat. Add garlic, pepper flakes, Brussels sprouts, and a pinch of salt in the skillet. Saute until the sprouts are lightly browned on the outside & tender, but still firm, through (about 10-12 min). Add almonds & saute for another 1-2 min. Toss in the cooked bacon & season with salt & pepper.

Looks good, right? Granted, I've never tried it, but it looks so darn tasty! & Sarah, you're going to make this for me soon, right? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment